Saturday, February 24, 2007

Blackouts

I went down to Kingston to visit family this weekend and was rather surprised to find some shrappy medical drama on the CBC feed instead of the usual Saturday night hockey goodness.

All of the other CBC feeds were featuring the Sabres - Sens match.

Turns out the Leaf game was blacked out.

The good news: given the sloppy D, horrific officiating, over-committing goalies, useless colour commentary from the always-scattered Harry Neale, a lucky powerplay goal to win it all and a mindless bench minor crushing any hope of a comeback - it seemed just like a Leaf game.

The bad news: I didn’t get a single highlight from the Leaf – Philly game.

Not one.

I was getting game-time updates on my PDA (“Leaf Goal, details to follow”), but the Public Broadcaster, who are allegedly so biased towards those of us in the centre of the universe, didn’t send a single Leaf highlight my way.

Don’t Leaf games usually include out of town highlights? I was all set to be bitter about this, but maybe I’m just hallucinating and the HNIC Leaf feed doesn’t show highlights from the other Canadian matches…

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:00 pm

    You just must have missed them. They cut away briefly to show a replay of the goal(s).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:47 pm

    I live in Kingston, and We always get leaf games. Kinda sickning how many leaf games we get. I'm rather surprised by this, unless this happened in Feb the game after the brawl happened and then they played in Ottawa. If so, this was the first time I hear of a Sat night Leaf game not on, and only a Sens game on CBC..

    ReplyDelete