Leafs centre Matt Stajan is out indefinitely with an eye injury suffered while playing a warm-up game of soccer with his fellow Leafs. I certainly hope Stajan's injury isn't serious, but a soccer ball in a warm-up game? That's a new one for the pantheon of all-time dumb sports injuries:
10. Matt Stajan, Toronto Maple Leafs, eye injury suffered during a pre-game soccer drill
9. Erik Johnson, St. Louis Blues, knee injury suffered when he got his feet stuck in a golf cart
8. Brandon Marshall, Denver Broncos, severe fore arm lacerations suffered while wrestling with his brother. He originally told the team he hurt his arm after slipping on a fast food wrapper.
7. Jimmie Johnson, NASCAR, broken wrist suffered when he fell off the roof of a golf cart during a charity golf tournament
6. Marty Cordova, Baltimore Orioles, minor skin burns after spending too long in a tanning bed
5. Joe Sakic, Colorado Avalanche, injured finger trying to clear his snowblower
4. Gus Ferrote, Washington Redskins, suffered a neck injury after headbutting the end zone wall to celebrate a touch-down
3. Charles Barkley, Phoenix Suns, suffered burned corneas after he got lotion in his eye
2. Ken Griffey, Cincinnati Reds, testicular trauma after getting caught in his cup
1. Glen Allen Hill, Blue Jays, had a nightmare about spiders and (allegedly while still asleep) fell down a flight of stairs through a glass table.