Friday, October 17, 2008

Moneyball the Movie?

From Variety:

Steve Zaillian has signed on to adapt Michael Lewis’ nonfiction bestseller "Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game," and David Frankel is attached to direct. Project is being developed as a potential starring vehicle for Brad Pitt.
Moneyball is an amazing book, hands down one of the best sports books I've ever read. I'd suggest that, in the NHL's capped environment, it's a must read for hockey fans, even those who hate baseball. But a movie?

In the Hollywood version Billy Beane will draft either a super talented chimp or an irascible golden retriever and Angelina Jolie will be cast as Jeremy Brown. (I kid. I kid. Zaillan penned American Gangster, which was a pretty great movie.)

2 comments:

  1. Michael, I've never read "Moneyball." I really should, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a word: yes.

    Not only does it offer a fascinating behind the scenes look at professional sports (and how rare is that) it's also got great personal narratives and offers an invaluable look at the importance of finding value in competitive market places.

    ReplyDelete